Measure is an aerial intelligence company that builds software to automate drone operations and make better decisions from drone data products. Our customers include some of the largest companies and drone fleet operators in the world, in industries including construction, agriculture, and infrastructure. We’re looking for a Vice President of Engineering to lead our office in Austin. You will report directly to Measure’s Chief Technology Officer, and you will help build-out and lead a high-performance software team delivering world-class software.
This is a unique opportunity to join a leader in the emerging commercial drone industry and work at the intersection of workflow, design, and technology. At Measure, our culture emphasizes hard work, taking initiative, being accountable to each other, finding creative solutions, speaking your mind, and having fun, all in pursuit our common mission – enabling our customers to put drones to work through better software.
Critical Success Factors:
- Solid foundation in software/SaaS design.
- Experience managing development on cloud-based architectures, especially in AWS. Others (Azure, Google) a plus.
- Collaborating with team members and senior leadership.
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and manage projects.
- Excellent planning and communication skills.
- Manage teams workloads & ensure they hit their quality and deadline goals.
- Understand and contribute to the development of Product Strategy.
- Recruit, manage and mentor/coach team members.
- Estimating and optimizing development budgets.
- Communicating project status and progress to senior leadership.
- Staying current on best practices, latest development tools and the best design standards.
- Help develop our Technology Culture: i.e., standards and processes, and ensure their adherence.
- Reviewing and recommending improvements to ensure efficient product development.
Required Skills & Experience:
- You have experience with rapidly-growing tech startups.
- You're willing and able to roll up your sleeves and code on day one.
- You have a degree in Computer Science or relevant work experience.
- Experience with geospatial architectures and mapping tools.
- You have over 8 years of direct hands-on development experience, ideally full stack.
- You have over 3 years of building and/or leading high performing teams.
- You have over 5 years of experience working in Agile environments.
- You have experience coaching junior to mid-level engineers in their careers and experience.
- You have experience with integrating 3rd party applications as part of a technology ecosystem.
- You're not afraid to ask questions and are open to constructive criticism.
- You're an enthusiastic self-starter who takes ownership of your work.
- You have experience working with APIs and SDKs.
- Previous experience developing market-successful enterprise-facing platforms.
- Strong knowledge of data structures and database architectures.
- Knowledge of drones, remote sensing, and geographic information systems a significant plus.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Flexible vacation policy
- Parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Professional development support
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.