Measure is an aerial intelligence company that builds software to automate drone operations. We are looking for a results-focused team member to create and maintain groundbreaking UI/UX designs for our software platform, Ground Control. As Head of Design, you’ll be responsible for the look, feel, and function of our mobile and web applications and helping to build better human-machine interfaces for our users.
Measure is advancing world-class software at the intersection of design and robotics. You will work closely with Measure team members from Product, Software Engineering, and Sales, and frequently engage with Measure customers to incorporate their input into your designs.
- Create, maintain, and update the Measure brand style guide.
- Understand customer requirements and develop user stories.
- Translate product roadmap into UX/UI design resources.
- Maintain product design component libraries
- Communicate overall design and approach to engineering team members; create personas, user flow diagrams, wireframes, clickable prototypes, and graphic design assets.
- Collaborate with engineers to translate your vision into reality.
- Work with Customer Support to respond to user feedback and incorporate into future product designs and updates as appropriate.
- Prioritize user stories and track customer satisfaction.
- Engage with enterprise customers to demo new features and solicit key input to future enhancements.
Required skills & experience:
- A minimum of 3 years designing mobile and web software applications.
- A demonstrated track record of creating great designs (portfolio review required).
- Mobile applications and web platforms that you can point to as examples of your designs translating into real products.
- A degree in graphic design preferred.
- Experience using design tools like Sketch, InVision, Zeplin, and issue management tools like Jira.
- Empathic – a genuine passion to understand and help those around you.
- Tenacious – a desire to keep moving towards goals despite obstacles and potential setbacks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem solver – with a bias towards taking action in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with drones, either professionally or personally, a plus.
- Experience designing integrated IoT systems and hardware-enabled applications.
- Ability to work in an evolving environment, helping to develop processes and best practices for both company and industry.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & 401k
- Flexible vacation policy
- Parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Professional development support (annual stipend)
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.